Using the supplied Elite Pro Plug-in DTM4 CAN to OBDII Radio Reprogramming Cable (HT-135001), a once off reprogramming of the radio module in Ford Falcon FG MkI Models (2008-2011) can be performed to re-enable full functionality when the OEM ECU is removed and the Haltech ECU is installed.
To reprogram the radio, follow these steps:
1. Ensure the vehicle is off and unplug the OEM ECU from the engine harness.
2. Ensure that the communications cable is connected to the communications port on your ECU and the USB cable is connected to your PC. Using the included HT-135001 cable, connect the Haltech ECU via the auxiliary CAN plug to the vehicle’s OBDII port. The ECU will power up.
3. Connect to your ECU through the Elite Software Programmer. Please wait until the Map loads and is fully displayed.
4. In Main Setup > Devices > Vehicle CAN System Bus Selection, ensure the correct FG MkI variant is selected. Change the Bus Functionality setting below this to “Ford Falcon FG MkI Radio Reprogram”. See image blow for reference. Click on “Apply” and reset the Haltech ECU using the Ctrl + F12 keys.
5. Turn the ignition switch on. The radio should reprogram and come alive. If not, reset the Haltech Ford Plug-in ECU again using the Ctrl + F12 keys.
6. Once reprogrammed, turn the ignition switch off. Return to the Devices tab and change the Bus Functionality setting back to “Haltech CAN System”. If this is not set correctly, any devices wired to the ECU auxiliary CAN port will not function correctly. See image blow for reference.
7. Disconnect from the ECU through ESP and remove the Radio Reprogramming Cable (HT-135001).
8. Connect the Haltech ECU to the OEM engine harness connectors and Haltech auxiliary port cable as per normal installation.